Thursday, February 21, 2008

Motivation...where does it come from?

Just a thought for everyone out there, what motivates you? Darryl talked about movtivation awhile ago on his blog and have been pondering it ever since.

I recently made up a program for an old client of mine who wants to do her first tri a tri. It brought back a few memories of not so long ago when I was new to this sport. Everyone has their own reason for wanting to do a triathlon and their own story about how they got there, so I ask you this...what is yours?

For me it was watching Ironman Canada 4 years ago, it inspired me. All of the different people working so hard, each with there own battles, all trying to obtain the same goal. Now, it is about living the lifestyle, being healthy, and the accomplishment. I love that with each race you do, no matter what the distance is, you learn something new.

Everyone has those days when you have to peel yourself off the couch to go train...even though you really don't feel like it, but you go. Why, what makes you do it?

"If you can imagine it,You can achieve it.If you can dream it,You can become it."--William Arthur Ward

2 comments:

runningman said...

my fav. subject. :) I watched the early Ironmans on TV. It of course took years to get into triathlon, I started running marathons first then met some triathletes. Still never did Ironman till last year. WOOT!! Leslie, just imagine hearing "Leslie YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!" How's that for training motivation? Focus on that and how it'll feel running down the finish shute.

Lisa Ulrich said...

Great quote at the end of your post! Why do I do triathlon? I love the thrill of competition, pushing my body to and beyond its limits, the satisfaction of succeeding, and simply the whole atmosphere of racing and training.