Thursday, February 14, 2008

Back at it!


I have had some really good training in the last couple of days...I'll get to that in a minute because I have more exciting news. I went to Speed Theory today and put money down on my bike. YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!! I could not believe the difference between a road bike and a tri bike. Holly molly, it was so good to be up higher and not stretched out, not to mention the hip angle (Which I now have a greater appreciation for after learning about bikes today!). I know it will be a bit of an adjustment, but well worth it. I am sooo excited. I am getting a Cervelo P2C Ultegra (the one on the right in the pic). If anyone is looking for a new bike, I recommend Speed Theory. They are great; I was in there for an hour and a half today talking with Greg about bikes, Ironman, training, nutrition, etc. and I learned a lot!

Back to training. On Monday I ran for 40 min which went okay. I wasn't feelin' the run too much on Monday as I later learned I was catching a bit of a cold.....AGAIN! I don't know what is wrong with my immune system in the last 3 months, I haven't been sick in ages. At least this time it is hardly there so it hasn't prevented me from doing anything. I also biked on Monday for 65 min, which felt way better than the run:)

Tuesday was my day off of training, which worked out well because that was the day my pseudo sickness was the worst!

Wednesday I biked for 75 min and I also swam for 60 min. I didn't get much mileage on the swim due to cramping (still). I had to keep stopping and stretching...booo, but what I was able to do was great. I felt fast and I like that feeling:)

I just finished a brick session. I biked for 90 minutes and ran for 30, nothing too crazy though. My legs feel great right the whole time, even at the start of the run which tends to hurt the most.

I am just past Tallahassee and into Georgia now. I can't keep up with the pics, I think I need to blog more often:) Chad is already planning where to go once I am done all of the states. I'm coming up into Canada...and all of Canada...all the way up to the great white north and into Alaska. Which reminds me I am already bugging Chad about Ironman Coeur d'Alene. One thing you can count on with triathlete's they are always thinking about the next challenge before they are done the current one. So true when you think about it! He hasn't said too much about this latest development, but I got some pull:)

We are off to Edmonton this weekend to visit family. I have a long run and ride to do, so I might be bringing up my bike and trainer and setting it up somewhere. I don't think my family will mind! Have a good weekend.

Leslie

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie, sounds like your training is going great! You should try having an electrolyte drink with you during swim to avoid cramping (i.e gatorade, etc.). That is awesome you are getting a new bike! Cervelo is a great brand! Geoff and I both have Cervelos now. I didn't know you were coming to Edm this weekend, that sucks b/c I will be in Banff all w/e!! Enjoy the long weekend.