Monday, June 1, 2009

Here it is....

Hi guys!

Sorry it took so long for the recipe, but better late than never!!!

1 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup multigrain flour
1/4 cup of oatmeal
1/4 cup kamut flakes
2-3 tbsp Agave nectar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
4 egg whites - beaten until fluffy
4 mashed bananas
1/2 cup soy or skim milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup carob chips (optional but I highly recommend it)
1 cup frozen cranberries (optional)

1. Pre heat oven to 350. Lightly coat a 9 x 5 inch pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
2. In large bowl combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until fluffy. Then pour bananas, milk, and vanilla into large bowl.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just blended. Fold in egg whites, then add carob chips and cranberries. Pour into pan and bake for 55 min.

YUMMMMMMM

Training has been going well. On Thursday we went out and did a couple repeats of the cochrane hill and I can see the improvement from last year. I still get dropped...but not nearly as quickly and I can still see people!

This weekend was a busy one. We were up on Saturday morning to go and meet Darryl for a long ride. We met at his house and left from there. Chad said we were biking to Langdon...what he didn't tell me is that we had to ride on Glenmore trail out of the city. Needless to say I almost crapped my pants a couple of times leaving the city. I swear I could have reached out and touched a semi that went by us!! That made riding through downtown seem easy...they are all cars down town and the fastest they go is 50 km/hr not giant trucks that don't like cyclists!

Once we got out of the city it was much better, but I messed up on my nutrition and wasn't having the greatest ride. I couldn't get comfortable on the bike for some reason. Its funny how I can go from having an awesome ride on Thursday to a crappy one on Saturday. On our way back into town I decided to ride in traffic rather than stick to the shoulder...the cars could go around! And they did! Back to the truck for a run which was supposed to be a harder effort...funnily enough I felt better on that quick transition run than I did on the bike!

We went home walked Rexy and then went to a BBQ at Allan and Karen's house and got to visit Baby Alison...who is soooo cute! I was pretty wiped after biking and fell asleep sitting up on there couch! Its a good thing they know we are triathletes and sometimes that happens!

Sunday morning I was awake at 5:30 am! Chad was doing the HSBC half marathon. Man that's early when you are not racing! Ha ha...I now know what Chad goes through on race morning with me! Although I think he is waaaaay crankier :) I went and dropped him off at the train and then went back to bed for about 30 min. At 7 I was up again and out the door to watch Chad run by the house.

Managing Rexy on 17th was interesting with 7000 people going by and not to mention all of the food and garbage all over from Saturday night! She had a bit of a buffet to choose from...lots of pizza. Not too much of it got down thank goodness...I was able to catch her most times!

Once Chad went by (who stopped by they way...I still get made fun of for stopping on the run during ironman!) we started walking down to the finish. I think I underestimated how far it was...it took forever to get there! I just made to the finish in time to see Chad go by. He had a great race finishing 1:44:10 and his goal was under 1:45!! Not too shabby for someone who NEVER runs!! He needs to learn how to train for 3 sports at once not one...rookie mistake!

Once we made the long walk home I decided to get my run out of the way. I had been on my feet for 3.5 hours, but I just wanted to get it over with so I could have the rest of the day to relax! Out the door I went and I actually felt pretty good for the most part! By the time I got home I was pooped but that is to be expected! With a shower and a nap I was feeling better...and was able to be lazy until swimming.

Last night at swimming Darryl and I were the only ones there so we decided to do 200's. I am really trying to get my catch down pat so I made sure to stay focused and work on my pull. We both did 200 swim 200 pull alternating, but I busted out the flippers and paddles to mix things up a bit! Chad came for hot tub time to loosen up his legs!

Today I have a couple of recovery workouts - an easy run and bike. I do have a massage booked for this afternoon...I am about 3 months overdue!!! It will be nice to get things loosened up before my race in a couple weeks!

Happy Training everyone!

3 comments:

Susi said...

thanks for the recipe! sounds like a great weekend but for the mean trucks. i could NOT have rode down glenmore you crazy people!! haha. i have to get you guys out here riding and show you the country version... tee hee.

Julie said...

I would have crapped my pants for sure -- can't believe you guys did that!

Thank you for the recipe!! Can you get that stuff from the organic/health food stores? What is agave nectar? I'm going into Lethbridge on Friday, and will see if I can rustle up these ingredients so I can make some healthy banana bread!!

I'll let you know how it turns out! :) :)

Julie said...

Thanks for clarifying the agave nectar for me -- and helping me out re: health food store food. Hahaha!

I will find these items and I will make this banana bread! :) :)