Monday, May 25, 2009

To boost my immune system....

Hey,

So I am on a mission to boost my immune system and get (and stay) healthy. I cooked, chopped, baked like crazy on Monday night. For those of you who know me know that I am a health nut...or as Chad would say "I eat weird food"




Multi vitamins, omega 3's, vit D, green tea leaves, anti-oxidant drink and some weird drops that my naturopath gave me - they taste like CRAP


Ancient Grain (millet, quinoa, kamut flakes) and Veggie soup

whole grain pasta with sauce loaded with spinach and asparagus - 2 of the most nutrient dense foods you can eat




Berries - are crazy good for you
More veggies - everyone needs to eat more veggies :)
Banana Bread - this is the healthiest recipe ever, egg whites, spelt flour, no sugar (agave nectar instead), carob chips, cranberries! I will post the recipe later!
Moving on....
I went for my run on Monday and although I was still coughing it felt sooooo good to be out there. Last night we went for a group ride (about 75 min I think) and tried to do some pace intervals, which was hard in the crazy wind! I am still on the mend...as long as I don't get worse I am going full steam ahead back into training!
Here are some pics of Rexy since I haven't posted any in awhile. She has hit her teenage years - oh what fun! The last one is of her in her new house...she chewed her way out of her other one! Then we had to wedge her up against the wall until we could go and get her a new one; she figured out how to push it away a from the wall and climb out! We woke up early that day by her jumping into bed with us! Chad was yelling "why did you let her out" all the while I was asleep beside him yelling back "I didn't!" Ha ha ha she makes our life interesting....and busy!






Happy Training!

5 comments:

Susi said...

can't wait for the recipe! all looks yummy. i love quinoa and millet...i must like weird food too? haha.

Keith said...

That all looks waaaay too good for you, even by IM standards.

Julie said...

Bring on the recipe!! That looks soooo delicious.

All that food looks wonderful, makes me want to pop up their for an impromptu visit! YUM!!!!

runningman said...

keep posting nutrition stuff Leslie, heck I may just try that recipe too.

Julie said...

Just waiting for the recipe...

Like Susi always says, Tappity, Tap, TAP, TAP!!!!

LOL!!!