Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quick Race Update

Hey Guys,

I will give you a quick update and write the full race report (with pics of course) when we get home!

The swim was aweful. There was a flood warning for all of southern Idaho yesterday...great. The swim was rough and sooooo wavey I had a hard time getting anywhere; this was probably the worst swim I have ever had! I came in around 50 min which is about 10 min slower for me!

The bike it poored rain the entire time. I was soaked. I felt pretty good; there was only one part between 70 and 80 km when I zoned out and wasn' t thinking about racing...I just wanted off my bike. I think my bike time was around 3:30...so faster than last year!

On the run I felt great for the first 15-16 km...then I went down hill. By the last couple of km I wanted to die...it hurt. I wanted to push the pace...I did...and I paid for it!

In the end I finished around 6:30 - 6:32 I think. The times aren't posted yet, but like I said I will get a more detailed report up later! Until then I am still on holidays:):):)

5 comments:

Iron Greg said...

Splits are up on ironman.com
Swim 45:50
Bike 3:26:03
Run 2:12:24
Overall 6:32:25

Way to go Leslie!!!! :) Big improvement in tough conditions, you are getting there, keep it up!!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Great job Leslie! A PB on a tough course!! Way to go! Looking forward to your race report.

Susi said...

Awesome job my friend!! Am so proud of you for giving it your all under tough conditions! You rock my world and are an inspiration! Now go get dried off and treat yourself on a job well done!

Julie said...

What a challenging day you had! ANd to battle it out and still PB -- WOW!!! Solid work pays off. :) :)

runningman said...

Good job Leslie, tough conditions and you still did awesome!