Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Recovered

Hey gang!

I feel like I have been MIA from actually blogging lately! People had there pics and RR up before I did and they did their races a week after mine! My excuse is that I was on holidays and even after we got back I was still on holiday mode for the rest of last week!

Not too much new and exciting on the training front. My recovery from the race has gone well, even though I was painfully sore for about 3 days after the race...and it was everywhere; back, shoulders, quads, hamstrings, calfs, abs...you name it!

I have been doing a lot of walking (I walk Rexy for 60-90 min almost everyday) and there have been a few triathlon related workouts in there too!

This weekend I went and biked the 22x and cowboy trail while the Chinook Half was finishing up. I was looking for people I knew but I was too far away to recognise anyone. I absolutely love this bike ride; I did it a lot last year in prep for IMC so it was interesting to be out there and see some improvements. I can't say I was super fast now on my training rides BUT what I did notice was my ability to power my way up some of the smaller hills. I KNOW last year I would have been in the small ring to climb up some of these and this year I was able to stay in the big ring and hammer my way up! Keep in mind these aren't huge hill by any means but I see progress and that's what counts!!!!

Other than that I did head to the pool by myself on Friday! This doesn't happen often, but I didn't bike on Thursday and figured I should get off my ass and do something! It was short and sweet but I felt like I was getting my swimming mojo back!

Tonight is bike group again, the forecast is for thunderstorms but I think I will head out and see what its like at the end of town. The weather changes so quickly here, you never know what you are going to get!

Happy Training everyone!

1 comment:

Dano said...

Hey Leslie! Its Dan Burridge here. I came across your blog and wanted to say congrats on your 70.3! Sounds like it was a tough day but glad to hear things are good!