Friday, June 5, 2009

OMG my legs hurrrrrt today!

Hey all,

This has been a good week of training and my body can feel it. Monday I went for an easy run and it was just that - easy. Then I went for a massage and my back is one very very tight mess, and if you can believe it worse than my legs. More specifically the lower traps....which is what I am always complaining about when I am climbing.

Tuesday I was off work early so I went biking earlier than the group ride. Now that we have a little monster in our lives if I can get home earlier the better it is for Rexy! I tried to do some intervals, I have a hard time doing them in the wind. I did my best and pushed through. It was a quick one 80 mins, just out to Cochrane and back.

Wednesday I had a awesome run. When I have intervals I run certain routes and this time I made it farther than I ever had before...on a training run:):):) I was doing half pace intervals too, so not even 10km race pace! I was pretty pumped to see the progress. I am slowly developing these legs for running! It was soooo hot outside and very little wind, it doesn't get much better than that. I almost wish I was biking...that doesn't happen often with the wind!

Wednesday night our fearless leader was back and although we did our best to convince him that we should visit and chat because we need to catch up...he didn't go for it and tried to push us into the pool. I was having a pretty good swim; we did some 200's, 100's, then the 50's came and I died. I did get a wicked cramp in my calf trying to keep up to the guys on the 50's and my leg is still sore today!

Yesterday is what really gave my legs the wonderful ache that has now set in. Showed up to biking and my riding partners were Greg, Darryl, Trevor, and Chris. Crap. Four of the fastest guys in our group and me! Greg and Trevor took it easy and let me draft...and by them taking it easy means I was pedaling my legs off trying to stay on their wheels. They pulled me along out to Cochrane...nice guys! I got 2 1/2 hills in and didn't even get soaked. I had to hammer down on the way back as well....but made it and now my legs have been a little achy since then. I can feel the tiredness in them. I better soak it up for race day!

Now i get to start tapering for the Boise 70.3 for next week! Yay! We are leaving Monday night so I am very excited to go on a little holiday. It looks like I will be riding the trainer this weekend though, lots of cold rain in the forecast.

Have a great weekend and happy training!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Nice work pedaling your petootie off with the men! :) :)

I'm still in denial about the snow that is lying on my front lawn right now. There is NO WAY I am setting up my trainer again, but the cold wet mess that is outside is making me squirm!!!

Lisa Ulrich said...

You will do awesome in Boise with all that great training you've been putting in! I'm sure the trip will be a blast as well!