Monday, April 6, 2009

Quick Update

Hey guys!

Last week was so long ago I can't remember too much of what I did and/or how it went. I did get my new trainer though...which is super duper awesome. I had it all put together-I am a girl so I followed the instructions in order....then at the end when all is said and done it says to add another piece in for 650 tires. Grrrrr. Why didn't they put that at the top??? So I had to take it apart, add the stupid piece, and put it back together. Did I mention I did this at the beginning of spin class???

The weekend was good. I went out with my girlfriend on Friday night so I didn't get on my bike until late Saturday night:) I knew it was going to be hard a little hungover and super tired. It turns out if you are up until 3:30 in the morning your dog still gets up at the same time! Once I did get going on the bike it was a tough one. Greg had be doing some power stuff and I started out really easy (and I am glad I did) because every 30 m in I had to increase by 10 watts....not so bad until you have to do it for 2 hours!

Sunday morning I got up early and did my long run. The Glencoe Icebreaker was on and so I was a lot of people I know out there racing! I found it motivated me a bit to run with everyone running a race around me. I did 90 min, it should have been 97 min or so. I am really bad at time estimations when I have to mix up the pace; I did 3x8 min during the last half of my run. I ran 7 min faster with those in there!

Last night we went swimming and my friend Alan joined us! Poor Greg was at home coughing up his lungs...I hope you feel better soon, chest colds suck! I was having a crappy swim, I was working on my stroke and drills and stuff...but it wasn't working so I got a little frustrated and pulled a Chad a got out of the water. I thought I was in the water for 45 min, Chad thought 35 min, so lets go with 40 min!

Other than that I am still doing my parade of doctors appointments. Due to my skin burning off when I get out of the pool and when I put lotion on it I went to buy new products again! I think I need to move away from Alberta to somewhere with a little more humidity and maybe that will help!

Well until next time...happy training everyone!

4 comments:

Shannon Wicks said...

You certainly rocking out the training and having fun along the way...nice work!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Good job on all your training and doing that long bike hungover! That is not easy!

Anonymous said...

I think we swam more than 40min
alan

Eileen Swanson said...

Great training!! Hope you figure out what's going on with your skin. Happy Easter!