Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back in the Game

Hey bloggers,

Here is whats been going on training wise over the last couple of days:

Tuesdays bike was awful...god awful...so awful I got off of the bike at 45 min and called it a night. I was a little disappointed, a little frustrated, but then yesterday I had an awesome day of training and the memories of my awful bike ride began to fade.

Started out with a 45 min run...and felt good. My legs felt good, really good, ahhhhh a GOOD run...finally. I can tell spring in here because it is harder to breathe right now (all you asthmatics out there know what I am talking about) and I now have to share the running path with a bunch of mean cranky geese (which I am really very afraid of).

Last night we had swim group. Greg emailed us the workouts and specifically says no slacking because I am not there....ahhhh he knows me so well. On the agenda was the mean workout where I was really really very cranky afterwards (500m, 4x 25 fast, 400m, 4 x 25 fast, 300m...you get the idea). This time we had pace stuff within the longer sets AND I could lift myself out of the pool when we were done! Big accomplishment! I couldn't do that after the first time, I had to go over to the grandma stairs to get out ;) It was a 70 min swim...and it was hard...and I was the first one in the pool (this never happens, I am always last).

Tonight is bike night again. I hope it goes better than Tuesday; its only supposed to get to around 10 degrees today so I don't think we will be riding outside! We made some plans to ride with Darryl on Saturday...the group rides are starting...so fun!

Happy Training!

1 comment:

Iron Greg said...

YAY - first in the pool!!!! Way to go :) Will it become a habit now, that is the big question???