Monday, April 13, 2009

First Outdoor Ride

Hey guys!

I was a little MIA last week cuz I got the flu on Tuesday and it lasted until Saturday...nasty. I was home sick from work on Tuesday and Wednesday and the only time I left my bed was to run into the bathroom! I have been on solid food for a couple of days now and starting to feel better.

On Thursday I went to work... and took Rexy for a walk...and slept. Very exciting day I know!

On Friday I was determined not to be couped up in my house another day (I was starting to go crazy) so I ventured out with Rexy to the dog park. I did have to stop and rest a lot going up the giant hill...it amazing how something so simple can be so hard once you have been sick. I did make it down to the river though and tried to get Rexy to go swimming!! She won't quite swim yet but she will go in up to her chest when chasing a stick! I do have pics, but since our computer is broken I won't be able to post them for awhile :(

On Friday evening Chad and I went over to Greg's so they could put Chad's bike back together (it does look pretty sweet though!). What a production that was. It turns out putting the cables through the frame was a little harder than anticipated. We got there around 8 and they didn't finish until 12:30, there was a lot of cursing but they got it back together!

Saturday I think I took Rexy for another walk (we had quite the week of walking since that was all I could do;) No complaints from her I am sure! That night we met up with Darryl and Lisa for some running shoe shopping, dinner, and a movie. We went to see Monsters vs Aliens...which was in 3D and funny!

Yesterday I decided to give this training thing everyone is talking about a try and Chad and I went for our first outdoor ride of the year! We went out to Crossfield and rode out to Madden. It is always COLDER and WINDIER in Crossfield. After taking forever to get our gear on we were ready to take on the wind. It took us 75 min to ride 20 km. We were not moving fast, but sure got some strength work in against that wind!!! I can't believe we were on our bikes for 2 hours and only went 40km...who does that??? We were getting cold by the time we got back but it was sooooo nice to be riding outside!!!

I am not quite 100% yet, but almost there and I can start up the training again. I was starting to get bored by not being able to train!! Oh and we were in Lululemon on the weekend and Chad got into talking to this lady and she was saying that you can apply to be an ambassador for them; give them feedback on clothing etc. So I think I am going to give it a go. I wear the clothes anyway so why not get a little bit of a discount? I have to get everything together for it and bring it into the store and chat with them!

Happy Training!

2 comments:

Susi said...

glad to hear you are feeling better! i sooo want to see monsters vs aliens. went to see fast and furious last friday...all i can say is 'meh'. haha.

i'll have to get you guys out riding this way. there is an awesome loop (which will be part of calgary 70.3) and another hilly ride that goes from here to lochend and back. tres cool!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Nice to get riding outside even though it was cold and windy! I didn't get out before going away but will definitely be out when I get back!

Hope you feel better and no more sickness for a long time!