Thursday, July 31, 2008

Oscar came to visit me last night...

Hey everyone!

So normally I am the one in our relationship to get grumpy when I am tired.....last night it wasn't me! Chad aka Oscar came out of the garbage can once I got home from swimming....whoa. I think he needs a holiday and hopefully we will leave the garbage can at home :)

ANYWHO....I am sort of mostly over my little training fiasco from the weekend. Lets see, Monday I went swimming. It was good, long sets, which I LOVE. I can put myself onto auto pilot when I do long sets and just swim. It was a busy night at the pool, I ran into Darryl, a guy from the gym, my massage therapist, and a couple of the talisman regulars were all there. Talk about a pool party!

Tuesday I did nothing....which I am allowed to do. Chad and I met a friend....Melissa.... for "ribs" (which are gross by the way, I had a salad:). We hadn't seen her in awhile so it was nice to catch up.

Yesterday I went for a run in the afternoon. There was some tempo pace work toward the end of the run. It took me a bit to find where that pace was...my body was wondering what the change of pace was all about.....tempo hmmmm haven't experienced that in awhile! We worked it out and I hoofed it back up the hill to work!

Last night was a swim again. My stomach was bothering me a lot in the last couple of days. I did the I'm not going to swim, yes I am going to swim, no I shouldn't because I feel crappy game for awhile. I could not let myself miss 2 workouts in 4 days...so off to the pool I went. I was supposed to do a million sets of 50m. To be honest I didn't feel like working that hard so I did 3x500m and some kick. I did feel smooth in the water again though!

Tonight I get to take on the Cochrane hill again, which is always fun! I feel not to bad today, but we'll see what my legs bring tonight!

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: