Wednesday, July 16, 2008

To Penticton!

Hey!

I am all packed, everything is in my car, so I am ready to roll. I am heading out right after work today, driving part way and I will drive the rest in the wee morning hours tomorrow. Once I get to Penticton I will be hopping on my bike right away and getting my workout done. Part of me is a little weary since I have never done anything like this before, but it will be fun and I am sure I will learn a lot!

I am now thoroughly convinced that Greg is running an experiment on me! I think he wants to see if I will eventually grow gills if he makes me swim all of the time :) I guess it could be worse, it could be swimming every day instead of every second day. Funnily enough once I get my butt to the pool I am having good workouts (Sunday was the only exception....see previous post!). I am feeling confident and comfortable on the swim!

My girlfriend and I decided to order new bathing suits from Victoria Secret online....and they came yesterday!! So I hoping I will get a chance to wear it while I am there, it may have to be under my wetsuit but hey it is all good!

My week of training has been good. I biked on Monday, there were severe thunderstorm warnings so I chickened out and biked on the trainer. I decided not to test mother nature because last time I was stuck in a hail storm...not fun.

Last night I swam but I guess I have already covered that! Today I am going for a run from work in the afternoon. Hmmmm, other than that not much is going on. I will let you know how training camp was when I get back. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Luanne said...

Have a great weekend! Look forward to the pics and the stories!