Thursday, July 24, 2008

I've been a little tired...

Sunday morning we were up really early again, this time it was because I was getting used to it though! There was a race in Penticton that morning so we went and watched the race and went for a swim once they were out of the water.

I didn't hike my wetsuit up high enough and my shoulders were burning for the first little bit of the swim. I got it into the right spots after stopping and filling it with water a few times! It is always creepy swimming through the weeds in a lake. I know I know it is a lake and there are living things in there, but it doesn't make it any less creepy while you are staring straight down into the weeds. Hmmmm, maybe Ogopogo was down there watching us swim by:) I also saw a few fish swimming around they couldn't be bothered with us swimming by though.

After the swim I went back to the hotel, showered up, packed up and hit the road. I had an awful drive home. There was an accident in sicamous, so traffic was bumper to bumper the entire drive home! I was sooooo tired, I am really sensitive to caffeine and I had 2 coffees on the trip back just so I could keep my eyes open. I don't think it would have been so bad if it hadn't of been so busy.

I was really tired on Monday and Tuesday, so tired that I fall asleep with all the lights on and 4 hours later when Chad comes to bed he has to turn everything off! I haven't been sore at all, just feeling like sleeping! Yesterday and today have been much better. Yesterday I went for a 75 min run and for a swim in the evening. I left my swim cap at home and Chad (who is the best boyfriend ever) came to the talisman and brought me a swim cap.

Tonight I have the group ride and we are going up and down the Cochrane hill a million times! I may be exaggerating a little, but it seems like a lot. This weekend I am going up to Sylvan to watch the half ironman and hang out up there on the beach! It should be fun!

1 comment:

Iron Greg said...

Taper is coming soon, which will help recharge the batteries!! Get thru this next little bit (focus on the important workouts) and you will be 100% ready to rock IMC!!