Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blog Slacker

Hey,

I know I have been slacking at updating my blog, but when one gets busy it is hard to keep up. Last week was a good training week, well from what I can remember anyway.

The bigger news is that Chad signed up for the Calgary 70.3! I am super excited for him...someone has to be because he seems kind of indifferent about it right now! Maybe it is the holly shit stage where you are wondering why you just signed up for something like that. I know I felt that way after I signed up for Ironman!

Spin class has been going well, the MAP stuff seems to be getting better....still hurts...just a more conditioned hurt now! Last night was a gooder with short hard stuff at the end. Clare and I were the only brave ones to go for a run after, and it felt good!

Running has been good as well. I have noticed in the last couple months that I can pick up the pace a bit on my log runs without my heart rate going through the roof! It is always nice when you can see your training paying off!

Last weekend we went up to Edmonton, I am getting better every time I go up there;I get more workouts in. It is hard to get motivated to run outside at -20 sometimes! Visiting family is soo much easier....and warmer!

Today I have a run and swim on the agenda. Greg mentioned last night something about a time trial at swimming tonight....I hope he was just kidding about that!

Happy Training everyone!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Yeah for Chad and good work on the run improvements :)

Lisa Ulrich said...

Awesome that Chad signed up to do a half iron with you! Exciting!

I guess I missed you guys in Edmonton this weekend as we were away in BC!