Thursday, June 19, 2008

Last couple of days

Hey all!

I am sooooo very happy that summer is finally here :) :)

Monday night I waited for Chad to come home from work and we did a quick ride through the city, it ended up being about 40 min. Most of all it is good for me to be learning how to ride in traffic, I have to say I am getting much better at it and I am a lot calmer! I still don't think I would ride through downtown during rush hour or anything...but hey I am getting there!

Tuesday was my scheduled day off and as per usual I tried to catch up on stuff around the house.

Last night I went for a run, 70 minutes. I felt AWESOME the entire time and when I finished I felt as though I could continue for about an hour at least! That's a good thing! I could feel the humidity in the air last night, which is good because I need to get used to training in the heat!

Tonight is the group ride....I am off work really early today so I might get a head start on everyone. That way I will meet up with them out at the hill instead of trying to chase them down!

Tonight I will need the extra time because we are going to Cranbrook this weekend for the strongman competition AND we are CAMPING!!! YEAH! I need to go through our camping gear and get organised! This will be our first camping trip of the year so it should be fun. The hard part will be fitting our bikes and gear into the truck! We know a couple of the competitors so we thought it would be fun to get out of the city for a weekend and cheer them on!

Tomorrow I am going to go for a run and swim (I haven't swam since the race on Sunday!). I want to spend as much time as I can outside this weekend! I promise I will take a lot of pics and post when we get home.

Have a good weekend everyone! Happy training.

3 comments:

runningman said...

wooo hoooo pictures!! Have a great weekend yourself.

Lisa Ulrich said...

Swimming on Monday night at 9:30 sounds great - when do you want to have dinner? Make sure Chad comes, too! That's awesome that you are coming to Sylvan Lake! Hopefully the weather is reallly nice (but I am in the race so probably not:).

Lisa Ulrich said...

We could meet for dinner at 7pm - I am staying somewhere downtown but not exactly sure yet b/c I didn't book it! I will find out though!