Monday, June 9, 2008

Feeling Better

I am still fighting off the last remnants of my cold, it seems to be holding on for dear life! I think I will be back to full training for the week, I am getting a little bored with not being able to do anything.

On Friday I went for a 35 min run and it was okay. I was still coughing up my lungs a bit, but I made it through and it gave me some peace of mind to do some training since I hadn't trained since Monday!

I got off work early to attend a wedding with Chad (his client Mark and Ashley)! Chad posted some pics on his blog if you want to check them out. I loaded my purse up with Halls and tissues so I wouldn't be making noise during the ceremony and speeches! We didn't head home until around midnight and by that time I was wiped.

And then I slept and slept and slept. I woke up on Saturday feeling worse than the day before (not good:). I had slept for about 14 hours and moved from my bed to the couch...where I may have had another nap later on in the day. That night we went for dinner and made a trip to wally world. Chalk up another day of no training for me! I thought at one point about trying to go for a run...Chad wisely talked me out of it and at the same time talked me out of trying to ride outside in the rain on Sunday! I am not very good at this not training thing, I feel like I am missing out on something.

When Sunday rolled around I was feeling better and I managed to get 2 hours of biking done and also ran a bunch of errands. The bike was okay...not bad...not great. I was just happy to be working up a sweat.

Today is much better. It is lingering, but I am well enough to train and I am fairly certain it won't come back if I do. Tonight I have a run after work and a swim later on. I am kind of excited to get into the pool. This rarely happens so hopefully it doesn't pass by the time I have to go swimming later :)

This weekend is Arbour lake triathlon...it is going to be fun. I am ready to bring on the hills! I think this is going to be a great training race for me. Chad is doing the team event and Darryl is racing as well so there will be a few of us out there!

3 comments:

runningman said...

Good to hear you're feeling better, just in time for Arbour lake. I think we're gonna try to swim tomorrow evening(at arbour lake). I may go a couple other days this week I'm not sure.

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie! Hope you're feeling better, it is not much fun to be sick and to have to miss workouts. I am just back from Worlds today, and it went pretty well (see my race report for details).

Have you tried using degreaser to get the bike grease off your leg? You can buy it at the bike store. Also if you don't have any it helps to wipe the grease off dry without using water - I find it comes off easier.

Julie said...

I use those disposeable Lysol bleach kitchen wipe thigs that come in a little tub-dispenser. As soon as I change my tire or anything, I have a wipe ready and rub the crapola off my skin. I wonder why they don't make anti-degreaser wipes in little tubs too...

Good luck on your race this weekend!!!!!!!!!