Thursday, June 12, 2008

Easing into it

Since I have a race on Sunday I have been easing my way back into training. On Monday I went for a 30 min run and it wasn't too bad. It felt good to be outside even if it was in the rain! I am having a little trouble controlling my heart rate this week, mostly due to getting over a cold I think.

Later on that evening I went for a swim, which went pretty smooth. If I remember correctly my main set was 15x100m with 30 sec rest?? I think that's right. I also did some kick at the end of the workout. I have been sharing a lane with the same guy lately and it is great because he isn't too chatty, we are both the same pace, it is a beautiful thing! I can get in and get my swim done without any interruptions :)

Tuesday was my scheduled day off...I thought about going to arbour lake for a swim with Darryl, but I opted out of freezing my butt off! Maybe on Friday!

Last night I went for a run, Wednesdays are my long run days. Lately Greg has been throwing some new stuff at me to do during my long runs which is a nice change from running the same pace! Last night I had to incorporate 2 x 8 min in upper zone 3 with 4 minutes easy in between, which means I had to work harder than I usually do! I had a hard time keeping my heart rate down again, but I am still coughing a lot soooo I don't know what the deal is.

Tonight I am going to ride with the group and if my spidey senses are correct I think we may be doing some hills. They are going to swim first, I was trying to figure out how I could make it there in time. My only option would be to get into my wetsuit at work and see my remaining clients in my wetsuit! My boss is a pretty easy going guy, he can deal with the biking and running gear everywhere....I don't think I could get away with seeing my clients in a wetsuit though :)

Tomorrow I want to get in an open water swim...I am not very good at sighting and I would like to work on that!

Happy training :)

2 comments:

runningman said...

I plan on going regularly, it's much more fun. I actually had a blast tues in the cold water. Much more fun then lane swimming.

I did some of those 8 min intervals in the long run too, they were tough. But then again I may have gone a bit too hard since it took me nearly a week to recover. :P

Lisa Ulrich said...

Have an AWESOME race on Sunday and give it all you have! Hopefully you guys get some sun and the rain stays away.

That would certainly be interesting if you were to meet with clients in your wetsuit - they may think you've gone crazy...