Monday, January 28, 2008

Too good to last

I will start out this post by pointing out that the nice hovering around zero degrees weather was too good to last. But -30 without wind chill, it has been awhile since I have experienced that kind of cold. The last 24 hours has made me realise that I don't miss the Yukon winters...brrrrr. So on that note, outside training will be minimal this week:)

Anywho, apparently my last post was boring (according to Chad:) so I'll try and make it more interesting. Where to start, Crossing America maybe??

I am now past Oklahoma City by about 30 minutes or so (I think) and I am on my way to Austin, Texas. I have yet to get a capital city wrong. In fact I can name every capital in the US now. I know I know, I am little ahead of myself, but I want to maximize the prize $$$. Once I am out of Louisiana it is going to be fast to get through the states along the coast:)

On Friday I didn't end up training, I have stomach problems from time to time and on Friday evening it was not pretty. I was fine so long as I didn't eat, but I couldn't train without eating and well round and round I went. The culprit I think was too many raw veggies. This week should be better...no raw veggies on the menu for this girlie.

On Saturday I went for a long run. I was trying to change my screen settings on my Garmin while I was running so my run turned out to be 1 hour 42 min. I was off by 3 minutes, but that's okay. I felt pretty good for the entire time. I have been eating the Swedish berries while I run and they help a lot. They can get a little frozen....but they taste so much better than the Sport Beans I was using. I probably have 5 or 6 for my runs that are 90+ minutes and coupled with HEED, it is a beautiful thing. Sometimes I wish I didn't have so many digestive issues, but I guess it keeps me on my toes!

I had to work on Sunday at the Tech Shop, so I only biked for 60 minutes last night and I will go home to do my long ride tonight. Chad has purchased season 1 and 2 of Lost, so I think I will hit up the first disk of that tonight. I have heard good things about it, so I should be in for a good ride!

Other than that normal training week for me. I hope it gets a little warmer by Saturday so I won't resemble Frosty the Snowman while I run outside this week. I also have to keep Chad away from my Swedish berries, he doesn't seem to like the fact they are for training only:)

3 comments:

Geoff Ulrich said...

Hi Leslie, cool blog. Lisa and I are almost finshed watching season 1 of Lost right now as well. Sounds like your getting in some really good base miles. Good Luck the rest of the winter!
Geoff

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo you miss the cold eh???? Been hanging out at -49 here for several days so far and supposed to be that way for another 4 or 5 so....... you ain't seen cold - well really you have and you KNOW you really do miss it! Keep up the great training.... Love

runningman said...

Maybe if Chad would do more cardio you could reward him with the berries. :)

Lisa and I like lost too, we've watched 1 and 2 and some of 3. Season 4 starts today, but don't worry it really is much better watching them all at once. That way you get to pick when to stop watching. They always pick the worst times to make you wait a week or two. Keep up the good work.