Monday, January 21, 2008

Cramping Up







I had another pretty good week of training, I didn't get in all of my workouts in but that happens sometimes. I got in a long run yesterday and a 2 hr 15 min bike on Friday, so that is the important part. My bike ride was really good; I felt strong the entire time!

My run yesterday was for 90 minutes and I had the dogs with me again. They always make things interesting:) The snow was hard to run in, parts of the trail were clear but there was a majority that hadn't been cleared yet. Running through half a foot of unpacked snow is tough. Needless to say I was running a little slower and in some parts where the snow was flying sideways my eyes were pretty much closed!

I also got a longer swim in, I love it when the pool is at 50 meters. Less turning equals more swimming! Lately I have been cramping a lot when I am swimming and I can't figure out why. I might be a little low in sodium, but I am working on getting more in. I also get a lot of calcium, magnesium, and potassium as well as tons of water, so I can't figure it out. I'll cramp in my feet, toes, but the worst has been in my Achilles tendon. It was so bad that I am still sore, which led me to taking the day off today.

In my crossing America Challenge I am 1 hour past Santa Fe, New Mexico on my way to Oklahoma. I haven't gotten a capitol city wrong yet....so my fingers are crossed. Chad has been quizzing me like crazy. I know them all now, but I have a hard time keeping some of them straight! Practice, practice, practice!
Chad and I also went to Bow Cycle today. We are both looking to buy new bikes, so we wanted to go and check them out. I know which bike I want, but Chad wasn't sure so we spent sometime looking around. I wasn the Cervelo p2 carbon and I think Chad is looking at the Quintana Roo kilo. He is going to start riding with me in the spring which is awesome, cuz it can get lonely after awhile. They also had a Symmetrics jersey hanging up, so that was pretty cool to see (my friend Zach from elementary school rides with them).

I have a busy week coming up, but if my motivation stays high I'll be fine!

2 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

A new bike - that is awesome! That's good that you are going to get Chad to go with you on your long rides - maybe he will sign up for a triathlon as well!

A. Tatum said...

How do you get the mind set to do this? My wife is doing a beginner tri this June.