Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Things are Looking Up

I haven't written lately since I didn't have much to write about! I had a really bad chest cold/fever/headache/nausea thing going on, but I am well on my way to being healthy again. I still have a little bit of a hacking up my lungs syndrome, but that is pretty minimal.

I couldn't train for about 5 days and I was still pretty tired all last week so I had to ease my way back into training. My first workout was on Wednesday last week and I did a really easy ride for about 60 minutes. I also threw in a few leg exercises at the gym. My first run was on Thursday and it felt soooo good to be working up a sweat and to actually be doing something. I don't think it sounded so good to the people around me on the treadmill....I was coughing a little bit at the beginning:) Easing into the weekend I went swimming and for a little bit of a longer run.

On Sunday I started feeling a little more energetic. This week training has gone really well. I am just doing some gradual base training right now. Since biking is my weakness I am really focusing on putting my time in on the bike. The other part of my program I focus my training around is my weekly long run. Gradually starting to log the miles in there.

With all of this training I make sure to have 1 full day off a week so my body can recover. I also made my training plan and have my periodization all laid out up to Ironman. Now comes the challenge of staying motivated throughout the rest of winter! It is always easier to train in the summer when the days are long.

The other good news is that I am a couple of hours past Salt Lake City, Utah. Everyone will be proud to know that I have not gotten one state capital wrong....yet. I am working on it though and get people to quiz me all of the time. By Sunday I should be through Phoenix, Arizona!

2 comments:

joker said...

Hey, it's a cool blog. I like your contents. It's very interesting. I have bookemarked your blog. I will come back again. Keep it up!

Do drop by my blog and have a look.

http://1jokeaday.blogspot.com

runningman said...

Hey Leslie, I started that Tri swimming clinic on tues(tues,thurs 8:30). It costed 130 bucks I think, for 22 sessions. It's prorated so if you want to join any time you don't have to pay for the ones you missed, you can join any time. It's at the Y by fish creek train station. TTYL, glad to see you're recovered.