Friday, December 21, 2007

Yay Me!

So, I am having an awesome training week. Chad is challenging me a lot with this crossing America thing. It is really good because he is always checking in with me to see what I did each day. As of Wednesday I was about 2 hours away from Sacramento, California.

We are doggy sitting again (2 huskies), last time we had them they were a little restless and we were pretty tired by the time they went home! I have a plan to tire them out...they are going to come running with me. The longest they have ever ran is 1 hr 20 min. So this weekend I am going to take them for a 1 hr 45 min run. Tonight is their test night...I am going to take them for about 30 minutes and see how it goes!

I got some bad news this week, my coach will no longer be able to work with me. I was pretty bummed when I found out. He said he is going to send me a copy of a more general program free of charge. I am going to take that and change it a bit and we'll see how it goes. On the bright side, I have money saved up that I can put towards buying a new bike! That will make anyone happy.

I got a couple good swims in this week; 2100m and 2500m. The pool was at 50m last night which was great. I was able to do some long sets and felt really good in the water.
I went up into the spin room at the gym the other night and did a pretty hard workout with a lot of climbs in it. My legs were pretty dead by the time I was done...I think I need to do that a little more often, especially before spring comes and I ACTUALLY have to climb:)
Running is about the same. I did a long run last weekend and the weather was great and it felt so good to be outside. I ran on the treadmill for 50 min. at the gym the other day. My legs felt like they had lead in them, so I suffered through that one. I had about 20 min left when Chad got on the treadmill beside me...for 15 minutes of walking on an incline. Good for him because he never does cardio, but all I could think was ... booo.

Anyway, I think I have talked enough for today. Happy Holidays!

Leslie

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey that sucks about your coach. Let me know if you need any help anytime! PS. I thought spinach was a good source of iron?