Monday, December 17, 2007

Crossing America


Sooooo, Chad has created a challenge for me. Remember that as I tell you this he is a little bit of a trivia nerd. He wants me to learn all of the states and the state capitals (I can already name all of the NFL, NHL, and CFL teams). He printed out a map and drew and line connecting all of the state capitals. Then he figured out the distance and how long it would take to drive from capital to capital; it would take 215 hrs and 13 minutes. What I have to do is log all of my hours of training for Ironman (cardio only) and I am going to travel to each capital city. Here is the kicker: he is going to buy me a present for doing all of this starting at $700.00. Each week it takes me to complete the training volume I lose $25.00 off of the present money. Also, once I pass through a capital city he can quiz on where I have been. If I get a state capital wrong...it is another $25.00 off of my present money. You are probably asking how he came up with this idea....I don't have a clue, but hey I'm game!

I am going to figure out how to up load the map and keep everyone updated on how it is going. If you are a gym person reading this he has a copy at WOW with a picture of my face on a pin and moving it across the map.

Other than that I had a pretty good training week. I caught a cold Wednesday night and was out of commission on Thursday but I bounced back quickly and resumed training on Friday! I still am a little congested, but that's life. Christmas party's are done for the year, I am looking forward to the holidays...I can sleep, eat, and train. Gotta love it! Well, I had better go and study while I work out so I can get a big present:)

Leslie





3 comments:

runningman said...

LOL nice he actually told me about the challenge two nights ago at the gym. What a creative guy he is. :) I think it's cool, (sure a lil nerdy, but really motivating for you). Good luck and keep us informed.

Anonymous said...

cool idea for a challenge,whatever keeps ya motivated!!!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie! That sounds like a cool idea, and will keep you busy! I started a new blog, you should check it out! lisajgraham.blogspot.com