Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Swim Slacker

Yes, thats right I am a swim slacker. At least I am aware of it and I am trying to do something about it! Last night I ALMOST got the entire workout in. I think Greg forgets how slow I am compared to him and Darryl when we used to swim together :) The "feel" of the water is back and hopefully that will keep me in the pool and stop skipping swim workouts! Running is going well - which it usually does so nothing new on that front. I have been doing some intervals lately once a week and some pace stuff during bricks and man does it feel good to focus on something when I am running other than trying to keep the ole ticker down! Biking is still kicking my ass a bit. During my next mandatory "time off" aka no triathlon year so I don't drive Chad crazy I think I am still going to try to keep up the biking a bit...cuz this hurts. I did a 2.5 hour ride on Saturday with pace intervals mixed in there - Greg has me doing watts stuff and my legs were very achey the next day. Not sore, but that I worked hard yesterday feeling that makes your legs ache. I was still able to pull out a solid run on Saturday somehow - the human body is amazing to me! All that said the count down to May long training camp is on. I am very excited that my friend Julia is coming and she is brand new to tri's so this should be fun. She bought her first bike last week! She very well may hate me by the end of May long - well she will probably hate Greg more! Chad is heading to Vegas again at the beginning of May. He still has present buying duty for me and Rexy when he is down there! Happy Training

No comments: