Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Riding Outside

Hello!

I have gotten some good training in over the last week and a half or so. Over the Easter long weekend I had 5 days off and so I crammed them full of training, training Rexy, making turkey dinner, visiting friends and cleaning the house!


I had my first couple of rides outside! Yay! I am hating the trainer as I am sure everyone else is at this time of year. My friend Julia just got her bike so we went out for her first bike ride. I wanted to go straight from my house - Chad said I was mean to make her ride through parts of the city so we drove out to the edge of the city and went from there. We rode out to Cochrane and it was so nice to be out - even if it was windy and still a little cold. We took it pretty easy since it was Julia's first ride and she did her first Cochrane hill :)


I also headed to the Talisman centre last weekend and I miss that place a lot. It was not too busy and it was at 50m so I was in my glory. It is still freezing, but having a hot tub makes up for it! My swimming has been going well - there is plenty of room for improvement though!

I have also been putting in the miles running. Did my first 2 hour run in awhile 2 weeks ago and my body was feeling it by the end. I have had a few intervals sessions and it is nice to pick up the pace now and again after doing base all winter.

I headed over to Edworthy last week for some hill repeats and again last night. Hills are a little harder than they were before Ironman Cozumel, but the legs are coming around! I missed my brick workout on Saturday (it was like 10:30 by the time I was done biking on sat :) so I added it in yesterday after hills. I love the feeling of running once you get off the bike, I always feel like I am flying.


Thats about it for me. Rexy got invited to Superdogs for the entire stampede this year! So we have been training her a lot too so she is in tip top shape for the shows!


Happy Training

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie! Sounds like you're getting in some good training right now! What races are you doing this year?? Any IM's?