Monday, November 26, 2007

Lazy Bones

Hello all!

So last weekend I had three days off.....and I did nothing!!!! You may be asking yourself what happened. Well, my little sister came to visit and amongst the late evenings, getting hair cuts, movie watching, oh and lots and lots of shopping the lazy bug got a hold of me. Oh well, unless you count walking around the mall as exercise I did a whole lot of nothing over the weekend:)

I am back on the train today though. I have a run, yoga, and weights planned out for the evening. Life will be back to normal and training will resume. I did enjoy my little stint away. I have a long run up and coming this weekend, I am aiming for 2 hours, so we will see how it goes. I did an hour and 50 minutes a week ago and felt really good, so I should be okay;) Lately I have been doing 2 shorter runs throughout the week, one of intervals and the other just however I am feeling that day dictates the effort!

The cold weather is still getting to best of my swimming. I am aiming for a whopping 1 swim this week. I have to start small....baby steps. And as for the bike lately the longest I have ridden is 90 min -1hr 45 min. Just keeping my butt accustomed to the pain of sitting on a bike seat for a long time. If you don't know what I am talking about, give it a go. I do a least one short ride a week too; about 50-75 minutes of sprints, climbs, etc so I don't loose to much of my hard work from last season!

I am still throwing some weights in the mix, usually 3-4 times/week. I am feeling pretty good about fitting weights into my schedule. It is a nice break from the usual training I am used to. Then I get to harass the guys in the back a little bit and try and get them to do some cardio:) I need to do more core work...I hate it but it is so beneficial for training. I'll work on it, but I make no promises!

Until next time take care everybody!

Leslie

No comments: