Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Jingle All the Way

Hi everybody!

It has been a while, I apologize. Chad just yelled at me because I haven't written lately, so here I am.

I ran in the Jingle Bell Run a couple of weeks ago and it was not fun. It was snowing; the wet snow that makes you soaked and cold to the bone, it was also sideways snow, and it was really windy. Mother nature was not kind. To top that off the race started 20 minutes late, no one knew what was going on, and people just started randomly running because no one was at the start line!!! I didn't feel too well either, my body wasn't to happy with me but I sucked it up and finished the whole 10km. I was happy time wise, everything considered. I made it across in less than an hour, so I can't complain about that.

I have been hitting the gym a little harder since the end of summer. I started a strength phase in my resistance training routine, and I made it up to 135lbs squats and deadlifts for 5 reps. That is about 15 more pounds over my body weight. I have just jumped back into an endurance phase for the next few weeks. I think that I will do at least one more strength cycle and see how it goes. I need to work on my technique a little more for squats....we'll see what it brings. I find training in strength and power helps me climb those hills easier both on the bike and run.

Last but not least, I officially have a coach....I just need to send him the $$$$$ and we are good to go in January! His name is Tom Price. He has been doing tri's for ~30 years, so I think I can learn a lot from him! He has won Ironman Canada a couple of times and has competed in IM Hawaii. I am going to enjoy the next month and a half before heavy training starts in January. I am excited to be working with someone though;)

1 comment:

runningman said...

I too was wondering when you'd post next. Good update.