Thursday, November 19, 2009

Feeling the taper blues

Hey!

I was so excited for taper to roll around and my volume of training to decrease. It has and I feel like crap. Gotta love it. I am tired, I am achey and tight, and I can't wait to get this thing done. I was feeling good after swimming last night and that only lasted until I woke up this morning!

I am very happy that I have only one more pool swim left to go. I promised Greg and Darryl I wouldn't skip out this weekend and I think they are going to hold me to it. Soon my swimming will consist of floating in the ocean looking at colorful critters!

This weekend will be a busy one; we will be packing and doing the last minute errands for the trip. Only 10 more days until race day and 6 until we leave! Yay!

7 comments:

Susi said...

feeling achy and tight and wanting to get this done?? that means you are ready sista!! woot! it's going to be so much fun.

sun, surf, race, and margueritas!

see you at the airport!

Jenna said...

Good luck - hope you have a great day out there and a wonderful "vacation" to recovery from your efforts!!

runningman said...

Susi's right, feeling crappy = good. You're ready to rock.... unless you skip the sunday swim, then your race is doomedddddddddd DOOOMEEEEEEED I say, muah ha ha ha,...... ok j/k

Julie said...

I HATE tapering...UGH!!

You are so ready to rock this race Leslie!!!

:) :) :)

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie! That's so exciting that your tropical race is just around the corner! Don't worry about the taper, that is always how it goes!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!