Monday, October 1, 2007

Ironman...here I come

Well, it has been a month since I signed up for IMC and I am filled with mixed emotions. I am excited about training and being able to finish an Ironman, but also a little nervous about the unknown. Four years ago I was in Penticton on holidays and it was Ironman week. I had completed a few super sprint tri's, but knew little about what triathlon had to offer. While we stood on the side of the road in awe watching all of the athletes, I turned to my boyfriend Chad and said: "In 4 years, I am going to do this race." He thought that I was crazy and kinda brushed it off. Well, here I am. It has almost been 4 years and I am now signed up for IMC. I have put my body through a number of races in the last few years and I have learned a lot. Most importantly I have realized that you can accomplish whatever you put your mind to. I have had a lot of support along the way (Thank you Lisa for sitting beside me at the computer and making me sign up for races that I didn't think I could do, but you knew I could!), and Chad to pushing me out the door when I feel a little lazy and being at every race I have done.

I am ready to put in the long base hours over the winter and in 10 months I will be an Ironman!

1 comment:

runningman said...

Sweet, looks like a good blog. Keep us readers updated. :)