Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back at it

Hey!

After my 4 month hiatus from thinking or worrying about training I am slowly getting back at it. I am not biking yet, but I have been running regularly and swimming...yes that is right swimming! I even got out of bed BEFORE work to go swimming. Yup, it happened. I tried to figure out why I decided to try this now and not while I was actually training for Ironman. The only thing I can come up with is that there is no pressure. I don't have to swim for a certain amount of time, I don't have to get a certain training session completed. I can go and do whatever I want, and if I decide to be lazy and not go, it doesn't matter! There are also a few people from work who go and they have been inviting me for over a year...so I figured I would give it a try!

I still have no race plans. I am trying to get 15 people together to do the Banff - Jasper relay, so if anyone is interested please let me know. Especially guys, we need 4 guys still! I have no idea whether or not I am actually going to do a triathlon this summer, for now some running races and we will take it from there.

Other than that I am still busy with my four legged friends. Rexy and I didn't end up competing in December as the trial was full and we didn't get in :( However, we are for sure for sure in this Saturday and hopefully we will show all these dog people that triathletes can do it too!

Happy Training!

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie! Nice to hear about what you have been up to lately. And Crash is soooo cute by the way!