Monday, March 1, 2010

Blitz Snowshoe Fun Run

Hey guys,

Here are some pics of the race in no particular order - I was too lazy to move them around!


Chad and Rexy post race
I love the mountains!




So the race on Saturday was tough. It started out okay and we were gradually going up and the next turn came around the corner and it was straight up on a narrow little trail. All I could think was oh boy I am in for it now. This makes big bertha seem like nothing. My asthma has been terrible since I have been sick. If I do anything above zone 2 I can barely breathe after, it is awful. So needless to say when this race was done I was a hurting unit. It was a ton of fun and I think we will do it again. Running on the trails in snowshoes was a lot of fun, there were fallen trees to go over, packed snow, powder snow, big hills...couldn't ask for more. I came in 4th overall and Chad came in 3rd...so not so bad for people who barely snowshoe.





Part of the trail


.


Getting ready



Pre-race





Chad putting on snowshoes for the first time



Rexy race morning...no doubt wondering what the hell her mommy and daddy were up to.


2 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I been looking for a winter sport to keep me from going insane, and that looks like fun.

Thanks for sharing

runningman said...

Wow that looks like fun, but hard!! And you guys placed?? That's awesome, you're naturals!! I miss swimming with you guys, /cry

Oh btw the fly guy at the talisman says hi too.