Sunday, October 25, 2009

35 more days

Hey!

That's right 35 more days until Ironman...thank god! I remember this feeling last year. You are coming to the end of training...about a month left and can't wait to get this race done!

This was my last crazy build weekend. I don't care what anyone says 6 hours on the trainer is a long time. My butt has held up well, some of you will think I am crazy when I tell you that I didn't wear bike or tri shorts for this...just a good old pair of capri's! It was way better than when I wore tri shorts. I found I wasn't as sore the next day. Anyway 6 hour ride and 45 min run makes a very tired me!

Today I did another brick. I had the best intentions of going to Katie's class but I could not drag my very tired body out of bed at 7am. My legs were not very happy either. They felt okay for the first hour, but hour number 2 I was getting pretty tired. I suffered through and then went for a very slow 30 min run.

5 weeks till race
4 weeks till leave
2 weeks till taper

Happy Training!

2 comments:

Keith said...

Six hours!! That is a really, really long time. My butt hurts just thinking about it. Was hoping to have seen you this am at Katies, but I can't blame you for being tired. Sleep is important. Have a great day at the race, and I'll try to watch for you in the afternoon.

Julie said...

I know what you mean about the capris...I think the padding on bike shorts does more damage than good!

Way to go for cranking out that monster session -- you are prepared for this race and are going to ROCK!! :) :)