Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Backseat Training

It has been a crazy couple of weeks. My car getting broken into, my hours got cut back at work, interviews for a new job, and lastly getting the new job. Whew! This is waaaay more stress than I am used to...kind of puts the stupid little things I stress over into perspective.

Having said that I did get all of my cards replaced...they are in the mail. I did not get any of my stuff replaced yet, that will take time:) Chad arranged for his client Gerry to fix the lock on my car last Thursday....THANK YOU GERRY! YOU ARE AWESOME!

I am super excited about my new job. I know it will be a challenge but I am up for it. I have been looking for awhile now...things were going from bad to worse at my current job and my wonderful boyfriend Chad pointed me in the direction of this one.

SO

I am going to be developing outdoor programs for people who have disabilities. If a client comes in and they want to go skiing they can head up to COP and an instructor up there will be educated on how to teach them. I am going to be the person educating the instructors how to teach people with disabilities to do outdoor activities. Make sense??? I know it is confusing...but I will be developing community outreach programs. I love the outdoors and everything activity has to offer, I like to teach and work with people, and I am an organisational freak....perfect! I start on Monday! Soooo excited.

The downside is that I have to leave my clients at SFL. That is the sole reason why I stayed there so long, I will miss them a lot! When the work environment you are in goes in the crapper...it is time for change and change is good!

ALSO...look what I got...

There was a client at work who is a bit of a quilter and after ironman I asked her if she would make me a quilt out of my race shirts! I love it. A big THANK YOU TO GWEN! I love it I love it I love it.

Oh right...and then there was training. I missed my bikes last week. This is probably the first time I have missed bike group (other than being away or deathly ill of course) since I started with Greg last march! Holla! My legs hated me when I was biking on Saturday...they told me so the entire time...its okay I deserved it.

Running is good, swimming is good (finally!) and that's about it. I am racing sylvan this weekend. There are a lot of thoughts rambling around inside my head about this one....Greg we may need to have a race day chat...I'm scared. More on that in another post though.

That's it for tonight...I am off to bed...I hope you understood my rambling!

Happy Training!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations on your new job!! Thank goodness your car lock has been fixed -- I'm glad your cards are in the mail. I had a scare yesterday when I thought I'd lost my wallet -- my stomach dropped. UGH. I found it, but can't imagine what you went through.

Beautiful quilt! Would Gwen be interested in doing one for me? PLEASE!! She can charge whatever she thinks is fair, and there is no time limit on it -- I could wait 2 years!! In fact, I have so many shirts, I could probably get two of them made. :) :) :)

Props to Chad for helping you orient yourself to a positive work environment. :) :)

Lisa Ulrich said...

Awesome to hear you have a new job! It sounds like a great opportunity and I'm sure you will be happy there.

Good luck this weekend at Sylvan! I heard they changed the run course and it is definitely not as hard as it was before! I will be at Sylvan very early on Saturday morning for the 5km swim race - we'll probably miss each other, unfortunately!

Dano said...

Hey Leslie! Congrats on your new job!! I know your clients at SFL will miss you alot! If I were still going I would definately be missing you. You played a big role in helping me get to where I am in life right now....thanks again! But if things were not good for you there, well you made the right choice heading in a new direction.

Good luck in Sylvan. Don't be scared and trust in yourself. I know you will do awesome!

D.

Marc Sharkey said...

Congratulations on the new job I hope it makes you happier in the long run.